INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2018
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2018, total of 33 questions was asked from Indian National Movement.
Correct Answer: [A] Viceroy Lord Linlithgo
Notes: Lord Linlithgow was the viceroy of India at the time of Quit India Movement.
2. Party founded by Subhash Bose was
3. Significance of Lahore Resolution  of the Muslim League was
5. Who founded Anushilan Samiti of Decca?
Correct Answer: [B] Pulin Das
Notes: Anushilan Samit of Calcutta was founded by Barinder Kumar Ghosh, Jatindernath Banerji and Pramathanath Mitra.
6. Who founded ‘Satyashodhak Samaj’?
7. Apicco movement associated with nature conservation was led by
8. Who was elected the first President of the All India Trade union Congress(AITUC) October 31, 1920?
9. Leader of Lucknow during the revolt of 1857 was
Correct Answer: [D] Begum Hajrat Mahal
Barrackpore >> Mangal Pandey
Delhi >> Bahadur Shah II, General Bakht Khan, Hakim Ahsanullah (Chief advisor to Bahadur Shah II)
Lucknow >> Begum Hazrat Mahal, Birjis Qadir, Ahmadullah (advisor of the ex-Nawab of Awadh)
Kanpur >> Nana Sahib, Rao Sahib (nephew of Nana), Tantia Tope, Azimullah Khan (advisor of Nana Sahib)
Jhansi >> Rani Laxmibai
Bihar(Jagdishpur) >> Kunwar Singh, Amar Singh
Allahabad and Banaras >> Maulvi Liyakat Ali
Bareilly >> Khan Bahadur Khan
Gwalior/Kanpur >> Tantia Tope
Assam >> Kandapareshwar Singh, Manirama Datta
Orissa >> Surendra Shahi, Ujjwal Shahi
Kullu >> Raja Pratap Singh
Rajasthan >> Jaidayal Singh and Hardayal Singh
Mathura >> Sevi Singh, Kadam Singh
10. Which Governor General of India advocated rapid railway construction in India?
11. ‘Indian Independence League’ was founded by
12. Who first came to India for trading purposes?
13. Who among the following gave a systematic critique of the moderate politics of Indian National Congress in a series of articles entitled ‘New Lamps for Old’?
14. President of Indian National Congress at the time of independence was
15. Who was the Nawab of Bengal at the time of Battle of Buxar(1764)?
17. Who was the editor of the ‘Hindoo Patriot’?
18. Who denounced the Congress as ‘microscopic minority’?
19. Who was the President of National Planning Committee, set up by the Congress?
21. Which book depicts the plight of Indigo Cultivators?
23. Who was the first leader arrested in the non-cooperation movement?
24. Tilak formed his Home Rule League in 1916 at
25. Which of the following first mooted the idea of a Constituent Assembly to frame a Constitution for India?
26. Simon Commission of 1927 was boycotted because
27. Abhinava Bharat a Secret Society of the Revolutionaries was organised by
28. Who was the leader of Ghadar Party ?
29. Who founded Krishak Praja Party?
30. Who gave the slogan ‘Back to Vedas’ ?
31. Who wrote the book ‘Ghulamgiri’?
32. Who was the first Muslim President of Indian National Congress?
33. The ‘Brak down plan’ in 1946 for transfer of power to India had been proposed by