ENGLISH COMPOSITION QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2018
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2018, total of 25 questions was asked from English Composition.
2. ‘Call up” means :
3. Use a suitable Auxiliary Verb to fill in the blank space:
In all probability it ______ rain tonight
4. Fill in the blank with the correct word :
She had better ______ the room.
5. Fill in the blank with the appropriate Phrasal verb:
The girl ______ her mother.
6. Fill in the blank with the appropriate word:
She liked the ______ plan better.
7. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
A ______ bow was seen in the sky.
8. ‘A bolt from the blue’ means
9. Choose the correct meaning of the word from the alternatives given below:
10. Insert a correct Participle in the blank space:
______ about dinner, John ran the whole way home.
11. Fill in the blank with the correct Phrasal Verb:
The teacher will ______ a new chapter tomorrow.
12. Insert the correct Adverbial Phrase in the blank space:
Only ______ is there a rumble in the sky.
13. Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word underlined below:
Mary’s patience and serenity won the admiration of all who saw her.
14. Marble may be used with
15. Insert the appropriate Prepositions in the sentence:
He has a preference ______ tea ______ coffee.
16. Insert the proper preposition the sentence:
It is 9’o clock ______ my watch.
17. ‘Regret’ may be expressed by the following interjection:
18. Fill in the blank with the appropriate infinitive:
______ is human.
19. One who considers the happiness and well being of others first is an
20. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
An Opthalmologist is a person who deals with ______
21. Fill in the blank with the appropriate preposition:
She was running short ______ time.
23. An indefatigable person remains
24. Select the correct meaning of the idiom underlined below:
He stood in hot water
25. Select the correct meaning of the idiom underlined below
We didn’t really want that particular hotel, but it was a case of Hobson’s choice.