ENGLISH COMPOSITION QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2017
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2017, total of 25 questions was asked from English Composition.
2. There was no _____ in the rain. (Insert correct phrasal verb)
3. Insert correct word in the blank space:
Finish your task in a ______ mariner.
He was waiting ____ the train.
5. ‘At daggers drawn‘ means
6. Use suitable auxiliary verb to fill in the blank space:
You _____ catch the train at once.
7. Fill in the space with an infinitive:
It is easy _____ but hard to finish.
8. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
_____ he was late, he come home by nine.
9. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
The river was _______ the bank.
10. Fill in the blank with the correct word :
A _____ jewel was in the locker.
11. ‘Made up his mind‘ means
12. Select the correct meaning of the idiom underlined below:
He is a dark horse.
13. Sorrow may be expressed by the following interjections:
14. An illness that is likely to be fatal is
15. An orthopaedist deals with
16. An Epicurean is one who
17. Fill in the blank with the correct word given below:
He wanted to ________ out.
18. Fill in the blank with the correct word given below:
He saved her ________ certain death.
19. Fill in, with relative pronoun, the blank space below:
The man _______ briefcase was lost, reported to the police
20. Insert proper words in the sentence:
Here is the man _____ you asked _____.
21. Select the correct meaning of the idiom underlined below:
Everything was at sixes and sevens.
22. ‘Cinema‘ may be used with
23. Choose the correct meaning of the word from the alternatives given below:
À la mode
24. Put in a correct participle in the blank space:
The car was _______ down the slope.
25. Choose the word appropriate in meaning to the word underlined below:
The listeners were delighted by the music concert.