GENERAL SCIENCE QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2016
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2016, total 27 questions was asked from General Science.
1. X-rays are
2. Astronomy means study of the —
3. Water rises up a capillary tube because of—
4. The image formed by a plane mirror is —
5. Which of the following is not a conservative force ?
6. Which among the following is called ‘Laughing Gas’ popularly?
7. With increase in temperature the resistance of a pure semiconductor —
8. Which among the following gas was leaked during the Bhopal gas tragedy in 1984 ?
9. The energy radiated by the Sun is because of—
10. The heat of the sun reaches us by —
11. Which metal is present in chlorophyll?
12. In the manufacture of Vanaspati ghee from vegetable oils, which among the following gas is used ?
13. Which among the following is responsible for depletion of Ozone layer?
14. The term PVC used in the plastic industry stands for:
15. A pure red flower bearing plant is crossed with a pure white flower and the F1 plant bears pink flowers. This is an example of :
16. An endobiotic fungus is :
18. ‘Globule’ and ‘Nucule’ is found in :
19. Spindle fibres are made up of :
20. A carcinoma is a cancer originating from:
21. A muscle that is consciously controlled:
22. A short day plant has a critical day length of 14 hours. It will flower when the day length is :
23. Grub is the larva of
24. Xerophytic vegetation is a characteristic feature of :
26. Target tissue of insulin is: