INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2015
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2015, total of 40 questions was asked from Indian National Movement.
1. In which year did the Cabinet Mission come to India?
3. What was the effective date of the partition of Bengal?
4. During the uprising of 1857, which part of India was largely unaffected ?
5. When and where was the ‘Gadar Party’ founded ?
6. When was the Hindu Widow Remarriage Act passed?
7. Who passed the ‘Vernacular Press Act’?
8. The major difference between the moderates and the extremists in the Congress session of 1907 was regarding
10. When the Muslim League was established?
11. Who introduced the system of Civil Services?
12. Who was the defence lawyer at the INA trials of 1946 ?
13. Who was Titumir? The leader of
14. Who introduced the railways and telegraphs in India ?
15. Who was referred to by Lord Mountbatten as the ‘one man frontier army”?
16. Name one book written by Swami Vivekananda
17. Which of the following upheavals took place in Bengal immediately after the Revolt of 1857?
18. When did the Dandi March take place?
19. Tattwabodhini Sabha was founded by
20. Who was the founder of the Indian Association ?
21. When was the ‘Azad Hind Fauj’ formed ?
22. Which English Governor General of India was ‘murdered by a convict in the Andaman Islands
25. Who was the founder Commander of the Indian National Army (INA) ?
26. The Arya Samaj at Bombay was founded in
27. Gandhiji’s famous comment ‘A post dated cheque on a crashing bank’ was delivered during the visit of
28. Who was the founder of the ‘Indian Independence League’?
29. Who was known as the Liberator of the Press?
30. The slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’ was given by
31. Who was the first woman President of the Indian National Congress?
33. Who is called a traditional modernizer?
34. Who was the first President of the Swarajya Party?
35. The Muslim League joined the Interim Government in
36. Simon Commission was appointed for
37. Partition of Bengal was withdrawn in
38. In which year the capital of India was shifted from Calcutta to Delhi ?
39. In the Tripuri session whom did Subhas Bose defeat to become the Congress President ?
40. When the Pakistan Resolution was formally passed ?