HISTORY OF INDIA QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2013
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2013, total 18 questions was asked from Indian History.
1. The great Bath was found in —
2. Who composed ‘Ai-hole prasasti’ ?
3. Buddha was born in —
[A] 523 BC
[B] 563 BC
[C] 623 BC
[D] 602 BC
4. The first permanent home of the Aryans in India was —
5. Who of the following put up a stiff resistance against Alexander ?
[D] All of the above
6. In his inscriptions, Ashoka calls himself
[D] Devanampriya Priyadarsin
7. Which of the following Gupta rulers was known as Vikramaditya ?
8. In which year did Muhammad-bin-Qasim conquer Sind ?
[A] 712 AD
[B] 715 AD
[C] 718 AD
[D] 721 AD
9. How many times did Sultan Mahmud of Ghazni invade India ?
10. Who invited Babur to invade India ?
[A] Ibrahim Lodi
[B] Sikandar Lodi
[C] Daulat Khan Lodi
[D] Sher Khan
11. Who introduced Kaulinya system in Bengal ?
[B] Ballal Sen
[C] Lakshman sen
[D] Qutab-ud-din Aibak
13. Who was Jalaluddin Mangabarni ?
[A] Ruler of Afghanistan
[B] Ruler of Persia
[C] Ruler of Mongolia
[D] Ruler of Khwarizm or Khiba
14. Who of the following became a member of the ‘Din-i-Ilahi ?
[A] Raja Man Singh
[D] Raja Birbal
15. What was the ‘Dam’ ?
[A] Copper coin introduced by Sher Shah
[B] Copper coin introduced by Akbar
[C] Copper coin introduced by Shah Jahan
[D] Copper coin introduced by Aurangzeb
16. Which Mughal emperor subdued the Portuguese in Bengal ?
[C] Shah Jahan
17. In which year was The Hindu College established?
18. When did Siraj-ud-daullah ascend the throne?