GEOGRAPHY QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2013
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2013, total of 28 questions was asked from Geography in between 23 questions from Indian Geography and 5 questions from West Bengal Geography.
1. Seismograph is :
2. Which river flows through the valley of Kashmir ?
3. The source of the Narmada River lies in :
4. Jute is mainly grown in :
5. Cyclones of the Bay of Bengal are common during the :
6. The dispute regarding ‘Sir Creek’ is between
7. The Eastern and Western Ghats meet in the —
8. On a map of the world some lines are drawn joining places of equal dip angles. These lines are known as —
9. Which is the eastern most river of the North Bengal Plains ?
10. The principal controlling factor of the Indian monsoons is the —
11. Cotton production is highest in the state of —
12. In April thunder squalls are very frequent in —
13. In terms of area India’s rank in the world is —
14. Sugar-cane production is highest in the state of —
15. Forestation prevents —
17. West Bengal has a literacy rate of —
18. In India which State has the largest coal reserve?
19. In India which state produces the largest amount of coal ?
20. A famous bird sanctuary is —
21. West Bengal produces ________ of the rice produced in India.
22. The latest population Census was undertaken in —
23. Indian coal is mostly —
26. Granites and gneisses of Dharwarian age are found in :
27. Laktak Lake is located in the State of —
28. Gondwana beds are known for their :