GENERAL SCIENCE QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2013
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2013, total 21 questions was asked from General Science.
1. Dyne-sec, stands for the unit of :
2. For the same Kinetic energy, the momentum shall be maximum for :
3. An ice cube containing a large bubble of air is floating in water contained in a large beaker. When the ice melts completely, the level of water will :
4. Water is boiling in a flask over a burner. To reduce its boiling temperature one must —
5. One of the breakthrough of Acharya P. C. Roy was to synthesize the following compound :
6. Whose presence in drinking water is welcome?
7. Muriatic acid used in household work is diluted form of —
8. Phenyl used in household work is a derivative of —
9. Which metal ion is associated with Haemoglobin?
10. Instruments can be shielded from the effects of external magnetic fields by surrounding them with —
11. Endemic plants are those which grow in —
13. Part of earth where life exist is known as —
14. Spraying of DDT in crop plants produces pollution of —
15. Oil is obtained from the endosperm of —
16. The number of cervical vertebrae in mammal is —
17. Limbless Amphibian belongs to the order —
18. Which one of the following is a rich source of amylase?
19. Birds differ from bat in the absence of —
20. Portion of the carapace which covers the gill of prawn is known as —
21. ‘Higgs Boson’ is :