INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2012
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2012, total of 37 questions was asked from Indian National Movement.
1. Who was the Editor of ‘Hindu Patriot’?
2. Who came to be known as the ‘Father of Indian National Congress’ ?
3. Who was the President of the First session of the Indian National Congress ?
4. Who edited the journal ‘Bande Mataram’ in Paris ?
5. Who founded the Gadar Party in San Francisco in the USA ?
6. Who was the last governor general of India ?
7. Who made an attempt on the life of Lord Hardinge in 1912 ?
8. Which incident force Mahatma Gandhi to call for the suspension of the Non-Co-operation movement in 1922 ?
9. In which Congress session the demand for complete independence first made ?
10. Who raised the slogan Long Live Revolution in the central Legislative Assembly, Delhi?
11. Who led the Muslim deputation at Simla in 1906 ?
12. Name of the workers organisation founded by Mahatma Gandhi :
13. Name the outstanding Dalit leader of India who had renounced Hinduism and embraced Buddhism at a later stage of his life :
14. Choose the correct name of the Union Home Minister who had introduced Indian Administrative Service in 1948 :
16. Which incident in colonial history of India marks the first war of independence?
17. Where the Azad Hind Fauj was first established?
20. Who said “Swaraj is my birthright”?
21. Who was the leader of the Khuda-i-Khidmagar?
24. One of the important Muslim leaders of the Swadeshi Movement was:
25. Subhas Chandra Bose was elected congress President for the second time in :
26. The Santhal Revolt took place in the year:
29. The Meerut Conspiracy case was started in :
30. Which Indian Leader made a major contribution to the integration of the princely states within the Indian Union?
31. Who demarcated the boundaries between India and Pakistan as the Chairman of Boundary Commission?
32. Who was the British Prime Minister when India received independence?
33. In which year Permanent settlement introduced by the British in Bengal –
34. In which year did the Muslim League pass the Pakistan resolution?
[A] 1916 AD
35. Who among the early British rulers introduced the system of Subsidiary Alliance ?
36. When did Lord Dalhousie annex Awadh?
37. Who was the author of the book ‘ Poverty and Un British Rule in India’ ?