HISTORY OF INDIA QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2012
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2012, total 15 questions was asked from Indian History.
1. Who composed the Allahabad Prasasti of Sumudragupta ?
2. In which ancient text you will find the earliest reference to the Varna System?
[A] Manu Samhita
[C] Atharva Veda
[D] Satapatha Brahmana
3. Who among the Gupta rulers was known as ‘Lichchavi dauhitra’?
[B] Chandragupta II
4. Who was the Kaivartta chief who rebelled against the Pala ruler Mahipala II of Bengal ?
5. The Khalimpur Copper Plate inform us about the military exploit of Pala ruler
[D] Mahipala I
6. Who was the author of the book ‘Tarikh-i-Firuz Shahi’?
[A] Abdul Fazl
[C] Ziauddin Barani
[D] Al Biruni
7.Who was Todar Mal ?
[A] A Minister of Sher Shah
[B] A revenue expert in Akbar’s court
[C] A Prince of Mawar
[D] An officer in Jahangir’s army
8. Who was the last ruler of Delhi Sultanate?
[A] Alauddin Alam Shah
[B] Ibrahim Lodi
[C] Bahlul Lodi
[D] Sikander Lodi
9. Who was the Nasuruddin Chirag?
[A] A Sultan of the Khilji dynasty
[B] A Sufi Saint
[C] A minister of Giyasuddin Balban
[D] Amilitary officer in Alauddin Khilji’s army
10. Who was the Babar’s main adversary in the battle of Khanwa?
[A] Mahmud lodi
[C] Rana Sanga
[D] None of them
11. Who among the following visited Jahangir’s Court?
[A] Nicclo Conti
[B] Francois Bernier
[C] Sir Thomas Roe
[D] Athanasius Nikitin
12. Which Mughal Emperor transferred the Mughal capital from Agra to Delhi?
[C] Shah Jahan
[D] Bahadur Shah
13. Who was the Mughal Emperor during whose reign Nadir Shah invaded India?
[B] Bahadur Shah
[C] Muhummad Shah
[D] Shah Alam
14. Why is 1761 is important in Indian history?
[A] The English Company became the Diwan of Bengal
[B] The Marathas were defeated in Third Battle of Panipath
[C] Occupation of Delhi by the English Company’s army
[D] Death of Haider Ali of Mysore
15. Who succeeded Murshid Quli Khan as the ruler of Bengal ?
[A] Sarfaraz Khan
[B] Shaukat Jung
[C] Alivardi Khan