ENGLISH COMPOSITION QUESTION AND SOLUTION(QUIZ) - WBCS PRELIMS 2012
In West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Preliminary Examination 2012, total 25 questions was asked from English Composition.
1. ‘Aural’ means
2. Tortuous means
3. Fill in the blanks with the following pairs:
I am going to Chennai ______Monday _____ tour.
4. Replace the underlined part of the sentence by any one of the four alternatives given below :
He changed his job and was out of frying pan to fire.
6. A manicurist take care of
7. He succeeded by dint _____ his hard labour.
8. Hike in oil price may mar the future of the trade world.
9. A pugilist is a
10. He tried by all means, by hook or by crook to win the case.
11. She is proficient in music but weak
12. A gourmet loves
13. ‘Cacography’ means
14. ‘Hold fire’ means
15. A ‘soliloquy’ means
16. To take up the gauntlet means
17. ‘Thespian art’ refers to
18. Select the pair in the following options which is set in opposition
19. Fill in the blanks with appropriate preposition:
I have no desire ______ fame.
20. Fill in the blanks with appropriate preposition :
There is an exception_________ every rule
21.The meat of deer is called
22. Regicide means
23. Lachrymose nature means-
24. A clever man sweeps his family scandals under the
25. ‘Astronomy’ means study of the