Geography Quiz : Indian Physiography
Daily Quiz : Day – 3
Total Question: 25
1. Which plateau is divided into malnad and maidan?
2. Shillong Plateau is also known as ‘Meghalaya’ meaning ‘abode of clouds’. It was so named by
Correct Answer: [C] Shiba Prasad Chatterjee
Notes: Term Meghalaya, which is of Sanskrit origin.
3. ‘Aniamudi’ is the highest peak of which of the following hill range?
4. Why India’s North-South distance is more than the East-West, though both latitudinal and longitudinal extent is about 30 degree?
Correct Answer: [B] Because the longitudes distance decreases as it goes further whereas latitudes remains same.
5. The Meghalaya plateau is separated from the Chotanagpur plateau by
6. Which of the following are aligned correctly from south to north?
7. Which of the following mountains are the newest?
8. Western Ghats are
9. What is the geomorphic characteristic of Ganga plain?
10. What do you understand by the term ‘Doab’?
11. is origin of two words, i.e. Dehra and Dun, what is the meaning of ‘Dun’ or ‘Doon’?
12. Greater Himalayas and Lesser Himalayas are separated by
13. ‘Syntaxial Bent’ is a feature of which range?
14.Which one of the following physiographic units has been created by both exogenic and endogenic forces?
15. What is the shape of the peninsular plateau?
16. The two volcanic islands in the Indian Territory are
17. The correct sequence of the different sections of the Himalayas in terms of their stretch (in kilometre) in the descending order is
Correct Answer: [B] Nepal Himalayas, Assam Himalayas, Punjab Himalayas, Kumaon Himalayas
18. Maharashtra Plateau is made up of
19. Which of the following is the main difference between the Western and Eastern Ghats?
20. A rift valley is formed mainly due to
21. Palghat joins which of the following states?
22. Why is it that the Himalayan region is poor in mineral resources?
Correct Answer: [A] Displacement of rock strata has disturbed the arrangement of rocks and made it complex
23. The northern part of the west coast is known as
24. Which of the following organisations prepares topographical maps of India?
25. The Vindhyas belong to which class of mountains?