Geography Quiz : Indian Drainage System
Daily Quiz – 4
Total Question – 15
1. Three important rivers of the Indian subcontinent have their sources near the Mansarovar Lake in the Great Himalayas. Which are these rivers?
2. Dhuandhar waterfalls is formed by river
5. Consider the following regarding Brahmaputra River is correct
- East flowing rivers make deltas at their mouth whereas west flowing rivers enter the sea through estuaries.
- East flowing rivers will not flow through very deep channels whereas west flowing rivers flow through deep channels.
- Tributaries of east flowing rivers are comparatively large compared to west flowing rivers.
8. Consider the following regarding river Godavari is correct
Correct Answer: [C] It rises in the Tryambakeshwar in the Nasik district of Maharashtra
10. Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched?
11. Cherrapunji and Mawsynram of Meghalaya which receives highest rainfall are in
12. Teesta forms a part of which major river system?
14. Which of the following is an inland drainage area?
15. The river basin which is called ‘Ruhr of India’ is: