The following quiz will have 15 General Studies Multiple Chose Questions for WBPSC (West Bengal Civil Service, Miscellaneous Service, Clerkship etc.) and other State PSC (BPSC, JPSC, MPSC, OPSC, RPSC, PPSC, UPPSC etc.) exams, UPSC (CDS and NDA), Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) exams, Staff Selection Commission exams (CGL, CHSL and MTS) and other competitive exams.
Hope this quiz will be helpful to you all.
Daily GK and GS Quiz : March 2, 2019
1. From which Indus Valley site has the evidence of a ploughed field been found?
Correct Answer: [A] Kalibangan
Explanation: Kalibangan, Rajasthan, Ancient Cities of Indus Valley CivilizationKalibangan is an ancient site of the Indus Valley Civilization in northern Rajasthan state. It is the third excavated cityof Harappan sites and the earliest town destroyed by earthquake. It has given the substantiation of both pre-Harappan culture in the lower layer and Harappan Civilization in the upper layer. Kalibangan flourished for at least 450-600 years. It is distinguished by its exclusive fire altars and is considered as “worlds earliest indicated ploughed field”.
2. Speed of wind is measured by
Correct Answer: [D] Anemometer
Explanation: Speedometer or a speed meter is a gauge that measures and displays the instantaneous speed of a vehicle. Dynamometer is an instrument which measures the power output of an engine. Accelerometer is an electromechanical device used to measure acceleration forces. Anemometer is an instrument for measuring the speed of the wind, or of any current of gas.
3. Kaziranga National Park is famous for
Correct Answer: [B] One horned rhinoceros
Explanation: Kaziranga National Park is the name to exemplify the most popular conservation efforts to save the endangered species like one-horned rhinoceros in India. Located in the Golaghat and Nagaon district of Assam, this most notable wildlife sanctuary is being declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in the year 1985.
4. If a person is unemployed in between the period of changing the job then he is suffering from—
Correct Answer: [B] Frictional unemployment
Explanation: Frictional unemployment refers to people who are simply moving from one job to another, but are taking their time. It is part of the jobless total caused by individuals who are spending time searching for another job, or perhaps are taking a break before beginning with a new employer. Even in a country where there is technically full employment, there will always be some frictional employment, simply because employees change jobs occasionally.
5. Where was Great Barrier Reef located?
Correct Answer: [B] Along the Eastern coast of Australia
Explanation: The Great Barrier Reef is a massive coral reef structure that is in the tropical, western part of the Pacific Ocean and is east of Queensland, Australia.
6. Which census year is known as year of the great divide with regard to population growth in India?
Correct Answer: [D] 1921
Explanation: Year 1921 is known as a year of great divide because the reason behind is that from this year the population of India increase significantly over decades.
7. Which of the following will most accurately show the fiscal condition of an economy for current year?
8. In Indian freedom struggle, Surya Sen was associated with?
Correct Answer: [D] Chittagong Armoury raid
Explanation: The Chittagong armoury raid, also known as the Chittagong uprising, was an attempt on 18 April 1930 to raid the armoury of police and auxiliary forces from the Chittagong armoury in the Bengal Presidency of British India by armed Indian independence fighters led by Surya Sen.
9. Greenpeace organization was established in which year?
Correct Answer: [A] 1971
Explanation: Greenpeace is a non-governmental environmental organization with offices in over 39 countries and with an international coordinating body in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Greenpeace was founded in 1971 by Irving Stowe and Dorothy Stowe, Canadian and US ex-pat environmental activists.
10. Adjudication of Disputes relation to waters of interstate rivers or river valleys related provision stated in which article of the Constitution of India?
11. Which Rajput ruler was given the highest Mansab Sapath Hazari by Akbar?
12. Which of the following is the only tiger reserve found in the state of Jharkhand?
Correct Answer: [C] Palamu Tiger reserve
Explanation: Valmiki Tiger Reserve forms the eastern most limit of the Himalayan Terai forests in India, and is the only tiger reserve of Bihar.
Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is located in Pilibhit district, Lakhimpur Kheri District and Bahraich District of Uttar Pradesh state in India.
The Palamu Tiger Reserve is one of the nine original tiger reserves in India and the only one in the state of Jharkhand.
Pench Tiger Reserve is one of the premier tiger reserves of India and the first one to straddle across two states – Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
13. The idea of the office of Attorney General in Indian Constitution taken from which country?
14. Where is the headquarters of World Health Organization (WHO)?
Correct Answer: [A] Geneva, Switzerland
Explanation: The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
15. Ozone layer is above the earth crust around
Correct Answer: [D] 20 KM
Explanation: The ozone layer is the common term for the high concentration of ozone that is found in the stratosphere between 15 and 30 km above the earth’s surface.